- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus
- PMP or equivalent project management work experience (Required)
- Certified Agile SCRUM Master (preferred)
- Certified Product Owner or work experience (+ plus)
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- Facilitated Agile Release Train (ART) processes and execution. Drove cross team, ART and departmental impediments, planning, collaboration, and coordination.
- Scrum readiness and preparedness (Sprint 0): A predictable core of enablement (a collaborative Scrum Team comprising of DevOps, QA, and the Business/Product Owner) was stood up and ready to execute (Sprint 1) within 2 weeks (i.e., Planning Session, Daily Standup/Scrum, Product Backlog refinement/grooming, Sprint Demo, and Retrospective).
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile/Waterfall methodologies including 8+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
- A proven track record of successfully translating business requirements and writing Epics, User Stories and acceptance criteria.
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
- Balanced business/technical background:
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
- Utilized JIRA Software and Confluence to create a system for documentation, tracking and prioritization of projects, total ranged from 5-10 projects at any given time.
- Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience presenting project status and constraints to C level executives on a weekly basis
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view