The VP, Project Management leader is responsible for the execution of all process and product improvement initiatives across Donlen that involve our underlying technology platform. The leader will provide oversight over all aspects of the project execution working cross functionally with the SLT, business owners, product managers, Donlen IT leadership, Pod Tech leads to execute the projects on time, on budget and with responsibility for continuous productivity through process improvement. The leader will be expected to deliver financial improvements to Donlen as a result of the projects executed. This individual will also be responsible for the continual improvement development of the members of their team. Finally, the incumbent is accountable to continuously improve the quality of financial reporting through a tracking system that ties our various initiatives to P&L and Balance Sheet.
Lead the Project Management team to partner with IT to secure estimates for total technical and business resource efforts to complete the projects are complete in order to build the annual resource plan
o Working to ensure that all Pods have the right number of resources and skillsets to execute on annual plan
o Communicate plan components to a wide variety of constituents including SLT
- Facilitate weekly pod review to show current progress across pods. Facilitate Major Project reviews weekly to provide in-depth reviews for Donlen most valuable projects.
- Institutionalize project management standards and protocol throughout the functions and operations across Donlen.
- Facilitate and support work teams to create, plan and assure delivery of all process improvements, including financial benefits required.
- Develop talent within area of responsibility to assure that Donlen has top talent in the industry with regards to Project Management.
- Assure that good project discipline is embedded, institutionalized and utilized within the company to drive cost reduction, new product/process launches, process excellence, alignment with strategy, and continual improvement.
- Matrix management of a wide cross-functional set of resources is required to be successful
- Manage all areas of the Donlen PMO and those partners with whom we are matrixed, to assure alignment, speed and excellence.
• Manage and deliver all projects as part of our cost reduction, revenue generation, service quality improvement and continuous improvement initiatives and culture change; updating the plans on a regular basis and ensuring project scheduling is developed and adhered, adjustments noted and communicated, issues communicated and contingencies developed, resources deployed accordingly, program management tools and protocol are adhered.
- Program manage, organize, co-ordinate company resources, third party/external resources, where required to assure delivery of all of all approved improvements/cost reduction projects.
- Ensure planning, preparation, progress and delivery of commitments, coordinated across working teams both on project and cross domain as necessary, to ensure successful implementation.
- Coach and support project owners on all elements of project development and delivery.
- Assure that business cases are developed properly and that we deliver on those commitments.
- Reports and communicates both up and down channels for understanding, buy-in and speedy action on Opportunities and/or issues associated with area of responsibility.
- Works effectively in a matrix and gets the results required from others via a wide range of methods and skill sets. Is a partner and respected.
• Create and embed standard program management tools and templates, ensuring consistent use for project plans, business cases, program communication, scope of work, requirements, etc.