Fleet Manager is the primary contact for Client’s employees who have company vehicles in matters related to the administration of the Corporate Fleet policy. Is also the primary contact with the suppliers providing the vehicles and providing the support services, including negotiations and problem
resolution. This position is expected to evaluate the activities performed and make responsible recommendations for improvements in the policy and its administration. This position will have significant interactions within the Client’s company structure: finance, human resources, risk management, account payment and all levels of field operations and senior company executives. In addition, there will be significant interaction with suppliers and service providers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Manages and directs defined aspects of Client's fleet operations. Initiate, monitor and adjust company policy to maximize efficiency, profitability and reduce liability exposure. This includes acquisition, maintenance and remarketing as determined by cost effective life cycling. Oversees policy compliance and reporting as it relates to the fleet; develops and implements vehicle and equipment specifications and cost management programs; manages fleet department budgets; develops and maintains outside vendor and service provider relationships.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- · Responsible for management duties to Client's vehicle fleet program and develops/enforcement of fleet policy to ensure the efficient and effective use of company-owned and/or leased vehicles.
- · In consultation with the Client, initiates, monitors, and recommends adjustments to the Client's fleet policy in order to maximize the fleet's efficiency and profitability, ideally reduces the Client's liability exposure and follows industry Best Practices. This includes acquisition, maintenance and remarketing as determined by cost effective life cycle analysis.
- · Escalation contact for Client's employees who have company-provided vehicles (i.e., Leased or Owned) in matters related to the administration of the fleet policy. First point of driver contact is the fleet management supplier.
- · The Fleet Manager develops and maintains an effective business relationship with Client personnel as necessary to provide effective fleet management services to Client and to provide recommendations for improvements in Client's fleet policy, and its management and administration.
- · Primary contact with key suppliers of vehicles and related support services. When interfacing with these key suppliers, maintains a professional relationship that facilitates cost and service in the best interests of the Client, while adhering to fleet industry Best Practices. Primarily responsible for management of policy exceptions and problem resolution with these key suppliers.
- · Knowledgeable of, and advises Client on, fleet-specific regulatory matters and related fleet policy compliance. Special attention to regulatory and DOT Compliance,
- · Monitors market activities, including supplier changes, program innovations and new services. Identifies cost savings, cost avoidance and improvement opportunities. Keeps abreast of fleet industry Best Practices and looks for appropriate ways to implement these Best Practices for the Client.
- · Works in conjunction with Client and Donlen as necessary in order manage the acquisition and disposal of Client's vehicles, as well as to maintain accurate inventories of vehicles, equipment and titles.
Other duties as assigned
Required/Preferred Education and Experience:
Bachelors degree business, marketing or related area or equivalent preferred
Minimum 5 years in the fleet industry required
Minimum 5 years in Corporate Fleet preferred
Minimum 5 years in a supervisor/management position required
CAFM certification and ASE certification is strongly preferred
Basic aptitude of the Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
Strong aptitude for all aspects nationwide fleet operations including cars, light-and medium duty tracks, up-fitting and ancillary equipment and fuel purchasing practiced. Knowledge of insurance practices, risk management and collision repairs are preferred.
Has the desire and capability to motivating, developing and directing others to achieve results
Strong results orientation with the proven ability to consistently meet and exceed goals
Capable of making commitments, setting priorities and delivering results on time and on budget.
Demonstrated leadership skills, including an exhibited high degree of integrity.
Experience in successful change management.
Excellent organizational and presentation skills.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills
Capable of organizing teams and meeting demanding deadlines
Self motivated and directed