Summary: The Release Manager will be responsible for the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and deployment of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications within the Donlen portfolio. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, infrastructure changes, security improvements and project implementations. In addition, leads a team of Quality Engineers, defining, building and implementing continually improving QA procedures that feed into the release process.
You will be responsible for implementing and managing release processes for the progression of code through various environments, including production releases. The Release Manager works collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and is supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments. This position also works with IT management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
The Release Manager responsibilities also include building, maintaining, and implementing the IT Release Calendar. Leads the effort of defining the IT strategic direction for release management tools
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Produce Deployment and Implementation Plans
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
- Work with software engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Ensure all releases are properly staffed
- Collaborate with IT partners across the organization
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Maintain a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Manage a team of Quality Engineers
- Create and drive continuous improvement into Quality processes
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills required
- Ability to work in a fast paced, detail-oriented environment