Leads a customer service team made up of Account Managers and Customer Service Representatives that are responsible for all aspects of managing clients’ fleet programs. Defines and implements policies and procedures for the work team that provide a relentless commitment to our customers’ experience, while actively contributing to the investigation and resolution of customer issues. Contributes to setting and attaining departmental/corporate performance and fiscal goals and objectives. Accountable for growth of Donlen products and services for the Canadian clients. Responsible for all facets of managing a remote office, and a Canadian entity. Liaison between US and Canada operations regarding all facets of fleet management. Works with Canadian partners to ensure processes and data transmission are in place and functioning.
1. Manages Account Managers & Customer Service Representatives, ensuring customer retention and targeted customer satisfaction levels are achieved.
a. Coaches & develops Account Manager, assesses the employee’s performance and applies performance action plans via goals that are consistent with overall Donlen corporate goals; provides ongoing constructive feedback, coaching and training. Empowers, influences and motivates Account Managers and Call Center Representative.
b. Conduct 6 month/annual reviews
c. Professionally addresses job performance issues, such as attendance and interpersonal conflicts in the work place.
d. Delegates tasks or projects and oversees each to completion.
e. Prioritizes workload to meet the needs of the business and customer expectations
f. Communicates relevant company, industry and department information to staff members on an ongoing basis
2. Work collaboratively with internal Donlen operational units to implement overall Canada product and services plan including: (i) identification of specific IT, process and technical requirements, (ii) development of marketing plan, and (iii) development of sales strategy.
3. Partner with the Managing Director of Global Business Development on strategic planning for future development in Canada (including short-term and long-term goals); Identify and remain current on trends for Canadian fleets and continuously update and refine offering to meet current trends and needs; Perform periodic reviews of markets and competitors’ technology, products, and price/cost positions to determine requirements for product enhancements and future product developments
4. Incorporate regular NPS feedback from Canadian customers into action plans to continually improve performance.
5. Works closely with Sales & Account Executives - to design and implement client penetration strategies focused on growth of Donlen products. Partner with SCS and Account Executives to execute on customer strategies and service delivery expectations.
6. Investigates customer inquiries, determines next steps, and achieve their prompt and successful completion on a daily basis including escalating to leadership as appropriate.
7. Collaborate with Customer Experience management on Account Manager training needs.
8. Escalate customer issues/employee issues as appropriate.
9. Prepare performance and indicator reports that monitor performance and trends, including forecasting to management for order volume and services penetration.
10. Support corporate financial objectives including budget and cost effectiveness.
- Handles day to day office interactions
- Must be able to make presentations to small and large groups at all levels, with confidence
- Travel to customer sites, and Donlen headquarters as needed
Other duties as assigned