This position plays a vital role within the Vehicle Acquisition Department and is essential to delivering excellent customer service. This role works very closely with internal/external customers and upfitters. The main focus is to understand specific customers’ delivery expectations and monitor the entire order-to-delivery process to ensure expectations are being met. This individual will work closely with the Truck Design Consultant to understand the upfit logistics for each customer, understand upfitters lead times for each request and work with our Status Analysts to ensure specific target dates are being met.
- Manage the order-to-deliver process for customers with upfitting
- Coordinates transportation on drop ship and local upfit installations
- Identify issues that will impact the order-to-delivery process and make recommendations to customers, if available
- Establish/develop relationships with various upfitters throughout the US and Canada
- Work closely with the Status Analyst to proactively manage exceptions
- Coordinate and or participate in conference calls relative to upfit status with customers and upfit vendors
- Assist other disciplines within VAS as needed
- Learn other VAS skill sets to expand acquisition knowledge
- Participate in regular meetings related to upfitter and OEM issues impacting production and delivery of orders.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent industry experience
- Knowledge of the automobile industry with an emphasis on trucks and aftermarket equipment as it relates to light duty vehicles
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Use problem identification and solving techniques to anticipate and prevent problems that may impact clients and/or Donlen
- Ability to deliver effective presentations to customers, vendors and internal staff
- Keep Management and Team Leaders informed of critical client issues and work to resolve those issues.
- Assist in designing specific job procedures to improve efficiency and reduce burden on department.
- Strong computer skills
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed