The Sales/Use Tax Analyst is responsible for preparing and reviewing the output of the other Sr. Tax Analysts who file and pay sales/use/property tax and business licenses as well as gather and process the information into the tax return software and other systems.
This position will also update software set up/ rules for changes in tax laws that require changes in taxing for billing purposes.
The Senior Tax Analyst will also perform the above duties for those jurisdictions assigned by the Director and will assist on special projects such as implementations and testing necessary for various Tax Department initiatives. This person will also perform research and assist with any acquisition transitions.
In addition, this role may provide training and guidance to other departments.
- ( 10% ) Provide training and guidance to other departments and timely review of other Sr. Tax Analysts output to ensure accuracy in preparation, filing and payment of taxes.
- ( 20% ) Review/Prepare General Ledger Account reconciliations and analysis pertaining to taxes.
- ( 20% ) Improve processes within the Tax Department to enhance accuracy and timeliness of preparation, filings and payments including updating Vertex when necessary.
- ( 40% ) Timely and accurately prepare file and pay all sales / use/ property/ income taxes and business licenses for jurisdictions assigned by the Director.
- ( 10% ) Perform research as necessary regarding taxation of new business lines, products and law changes.