The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users. The PM will be responsible for a portfolio of projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that will cross multiple business divisions. The PM will play a number of different roles in actual practice:
- Leading and managing large, complex enterprise-level projects consisting of multiple Agile teams and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the Agile teams
- At a team level, playing a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team
- Partner with Business Owners/Stake holders & IT on creating/reviewing functional /technical requirements, focusing on UX (data flow, and screen flow (UI) diagrams), quality, ease-of- use, and ease of integration within target markets.
- In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach, using good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints
- Project Planning and Management – Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
- Team Management – Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
- Product Owner Support – Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Process Management and Improvement – Work with the Process Manager, PMO to champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Team building – Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
This position operates in a matrixed environment. A person in this position must interact effectively throughout the organization to gain the authority to achieve his/her financial and project objectives. This position requires a high level of autonomy while retaining the ability to work in a collaborative environment
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile/Waterfall methodologies including 2+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
- A proven track record of successfully translating business requirements and writing Epics, User Stories and acceptance criteria.
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
- Balanced business/technical background:
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
- Utilized JIRA Software and Confluence to create a system for documentation, tracking and prioritization of projects, total ranged from 5-10 projects at any given time.
- Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience presenting project status and constraints to C level executives on a weekly basis
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed