Software Team Lead
Our Software Team Leads are technical leaders who are responsible for the full software development lifecycle of an Agile software development team; from requirements development through implementation of software solutions as well as the ongoing management of the team. This person will work closely with a cross functional team and must demonstrate superior technical and leadership skills to ensure that the team’s productivity, work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure they consistently exceed business requirements and timelines.
- Technical and Quality leader – Must be passionate about technology and software. Creates and reviews code ensuring team coding standards are continually exceeded. Takes ownership of their team’s code quality, minimizes defects and manages team releases, ensuring all aspects of a team’s release runs smoothly.
- Servant Leader – Must be able to garner respect from his/her team and be willing to get hands dirty to get the job done
- Assertive – voice of reason and authority, makes the tough calls on technical direction and team productivity.
- Situationally Aware – first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management, if necessary
- Collaborative – effectively works across multiple teams and partners to achieve desired outcomes of a given project
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision in a very dynamic and timeline sensitive work environment
- Leadership and people skills – ability to coach, recognize, motivate the team as well as provide regular feedback, performance management and reviews
- Passionate for continuous improvement of processes and software, well versed with complete software engineering lifecycle and practices like Agile (Scrum/Kanban) and Continuous Integration/Deployment and Quality/Automation and ensuring their teams are following best practices. Partner with colleagues including Project Managers to identify and realize efficiencies.
This position will manage a team of 2-8 engineers.
- Current role as Senior Software Engineer or above.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or related discipline and a minimum of 8 years software development experience required.
- Diverse technology experience (across databases, operating environments, application platforms, delivery models, etc.)
- Exposure to multiple software development methodologies
- Familiar with Database Architecture, writes SQL Server stored procedures.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Minimum of 4 years of project development / methodologies experience: full software development lifecycle, Agile, etc.
- Minimum of 4 years effectively reviewing code and driving standardization across the team.
- Broad understanding and experience evaluating/developing and implementing technical architectures.
- Strong experience working with software development teams
- Strong experience working with cross functional teams
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, detail-oriented environment.
- Strong experience driving the full development lifecycle, from requirements to implementation
- Strong Communication skills (verbal and written) with an ability to work in a highly
- collaborative, multi-country/time zone environment
- Good organizational skills with the ability to track and prioritize numerous tasks
- Proactive personality with a proven track record of following through and delivering on
- Highly adaptive and capable of being an individual contributor and working as part of an extended team
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to mentor and develop team members
- Ability to drive team culture and performance.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed