Practical business lawyer with extensive transactional experience needed for dynamic and innovative fleet leasing and management company. Attorney will play a key role and will drive compliance issues and contract negotiations for business. Responsibilities include: review and negotiate contracts, manage litigation, analyze regulations, and manage compliance matters and international transactions. Additional responsibilities include data protection, privacy, compliance and policy related issues.
The Associate General Counsel is part of an energetic and dynamic legal team. Company has strong commitment to integrity, service and innovation.
- General corporate legal experience
- Excellent drafting and negotiating skills, including vendor agreements, technology contracts and other complex commercial transactions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills (Word)
- Exceptional reasoning ability
- Works directly with all departments to coordinate the delivery of legal services
- Offers legal counsel on a variety of issues.
- Manages various projects and deadlines.
- Advises company employees on contract status, legal risks, and business terms.
- Develops solutions to complex legal questions.
- Assists senior management with strategy, evaluating risks within the business and with respect to specific transactions
- Participates in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures, and programs, and provides continuing counsel and guidance on legal matters and on legal implications of all matters.
- Researches unique legal issues impacting the organization by identifying applicable statutes, judicial decisions, and codes.
- Review and commenting on existing and new regulations and laws.
- Litigation management.
- New Product Development.
- Additional responsibilities as dictated by the role or as or assigned by the General Counsel.
- Experience in open-end TRAC motor vehicle leasing and/or equipment leasing
- Business background
Skills and Knowledge:
- Exceptional judgment and range. A successful candidate will excel at quickly analyzing complex legal and business issues in a wide range of substantive areas.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and self-directed. A successful candidate will be able to work efficiently, under pressure, with varying degrees of supervision, and manage projects with competing deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Outstanding analytical, advocacy and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to advise and influence senior executives and professionals from diverse business lines.
- Superior writing and oral communication skills, adaptive to and effective for different audiences.