Donlen, a Hertz company, is a leading provider of vehicle fleet services and mobility solutions to the world’s most recognizable brands. We continue to grow quickly and consistently year-over-year. With our custom-built fleet technology, strategic consulting services, and personalized customer experience approach, Donlen is well positioned to be the fleet management company of choice in North America and throughout the world. If you want to be part of the success of this fast-paced company where innovative thinking and quality execution are encouraged, then this is the perfect fit for you. To maintain our consistent growth, we are now seeking a motivated Content Marketing Strategist - to join our Marketing Team, located in the northwest suburbs of Chicago, IL. The ideal candidate needs to have strong writing experience and a desire to push boundaries and use creativity to help market our products and services to grow our business. If you love to write business to business messaging, while managing simultaneous projects, and working under strict deadlines, this position is for you.
Join our award-winning team where our corporate culture is built around employee satisfaction which leads to customer satisfaction, resulting in continued success for Donlen and our clients. We are committed to the satisfaction of our employees and development opportunities allow our employees to grow within our company.
Is writing one of your core strengths? Do you know the importance of clear, concise, and relevant language across a wide variety of media? Do you understand the difference between writing for the web vs. print? Have you written and developed whitepapers, case studies, presentations, customer communications, landing page content, direct mail campaigns, corporate brochures, and email blasts? Are you able to write concise emails that can be sent to prospect segments as part of a nurturing program? Do you understand how to respond to a Request for Proposal (RFP)? Do you know how to conduct competitive research, and write language that is unique and different from what the competition is doing?
If you answered yes, keep reading!
Here are some other qualities that will make you the right candidate for this position: You must be able to oversee our editorial calendar and develop content that generates leads, develop our social media strategy, post content to our website and social channels, manage vendor relationships, and work side-by-side with the Marketing team to generate content that improves our inbound marketing traffic.
You must be meticulously deadline driven, and be able to prioritize your workflow to accomplish your tasks. You must be highly motivated, working quickly to understand our business so that you can make meaningful contributions to our projects and goals from the very beginning. And, last but not least, you must have exceptional verbal communication skills so that you can work with senior leadership, product owners, and sales managers to understand their needs.
- Oversee our editorial calendar and successful release of our content
- Manage our social strategy including timely releases on our social channels
- Articulate Donlen’s value proposition effectively in marketing collateral to help achieve business growth goals
- Develop messaging frameworks for our products that serve as the foundation for how we position the product
- Write and develop collateral materials for print, online, and other interactive mediums, including sales brochures, newsletters, and direct mail
- Collaborate with our parent company’s communication team for cross promotion of content
- Work with the Marketing team and with other product owners to write compelling marketing materials to differentiate Donlen from its competitors and to drive sales and support customer retention and growth
- Work closely with graphic designer to develop artwork to be included in final content
- Write language for lead nurturing program
- Write customer communications and all other writing associated with a product release
- Work with business owners on developing web content, identifying opportunities for additional content and improvement on current content
- Develop content for industry publications
- Manage deadlines and be responsible for managing projects through our online project management tool
- Identify opportunities for thought leadership and work with product owners to develop materials including whitepapers, customer and prospect presentations
- Assist RFP Communication Specialists by proofreading RFPs and help write supplemental language supporting our RFP specialist
- Track inbound marketing metrics
- Assist with execution of messaging and logistics of yearly tradeshows