The Maintenance Advisor position is responsible for managing all aspects of the programs offered to Donlen customers. These programs include maintenance repair consultation, fuel, glass and rentals. The Maintenance Advisor will be providing guidance and service through timely communication with vendors, fleet managers and drivers by phone and email. Responsibilities also include the set up of new vendor and updating vendors profiles in Donlen systems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Vehicle maintenance approvals.
- Purchase order negotiation and issuance.
- Cost containment of maintenance process.
- Prompt follow-up with fleet contact(s) and service vendors.
- Problem resolution for any maintenance issue.
- Pursuit of manufacturer warranty, policy adjustment and service vendor warranty.
- Maintenance of current warranty coverage information.
- Processing final/completed repair invoices.
- Establish and maintain service vendor relationships.
- Set up new service vendors for new and existing customers.
- Maintenance of ongoing vendor relationships including providing PM forms.
- Provide vendor information packet and profile to new vendors.
- Updating customer vehicle maintenance history.
- Adding recent maintenance information for new customers.
- Input of services performed by customer (PM and related).
- Correction of vehicle mileage data in all history files.
- Administer component part purchases on behalf of all customers.
- Maintain consistent time and / or cost savings advantage for customer.
- Handle calls from Drivers for assistance rental, glass and fuel card questions.
- Assist team with new customer roll-outs
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, effectively present information to customers, drivers, vendors and other employees.
- Excellent phone and written communication skills. Must be able to demonstrate these skills on a daily basis.
- Technical training for vehicle repair (or equivalent work experience) followed by field experience of at least one additional year.
- Combination of teamwork and independence. In this role, you will be a part of a customer service team, yet you will be asked to work independently to accomplish your tasks as well.
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time well.
- Basic aptitude of Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Must be able to accurately type a minimum of 25 words per minute
- Understanding of basic math skill principals and be able to calculate percentages and discounts.
- Ability to provide sound problem solving
- Ability to apply tools to understand and improve business processes
- Ability to translate customer needs into actionable detailed business requirements
- Current ASE Certifications as required in at least two areas of related repair, or obtaining such within one year of placement as a Maintenance Advisor. In addition, participation in the Training Schedule and team meetings is expected.
- Participation in training and team meetings
Donlen is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.
Hertz is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Hertz is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed