This position uses leadership and management skills combined with extensive vehicle acquisition experience to direct the key functions of:
- Order Management - Direct the staff and manage the processes of factory ordering all passenger and light trucks from manufacturers/dealers/vendors in North America for lease or purchase by Donlen clients.
- Dealer Relations - On a day-to-day basis this position works with manufacturer, dealer and other vendors to promote quality service and cost efficiencies for Donlen and its clients.
- Customer Satisfaction – Work within Purchasing and with other internal departments to manage processes/programs to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Personnel Management - Manage, train and coach staff to obtain high levels of performance and promote career development.
- Internal functions – Work with all departments and levels of management to improve processes and resolve issues to ensure critical functions are completed effectively.
Manages a total of 4 employees.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; motivating, rewarding and disciplining employees.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Select, train and develop staff. Development to include coaching and providing guidance, support and direct feedback. Provide staff with appropriate career opportunities.
- Establish quantifiable 90-day goals for each staff member that aligns with Purchasing and Donlen corporate goals. Review goals with the staff at the end of each quarter to confirm the goals have been met and or are on track for future accomplishment. Adjust goals for the subsequent period and/or provide coaching to assist staff members in meeting goals. Formally evaluate individual staff members’ performance annually, providing constructive feedback and appropriate rewards.
- Assist with managing relationships with vendors (i.e. manufacturers and selling dealers) to establish long-term productive relationships focusing on cost efficiencies and quality service. Negotiate, document and implement selling dealer and vendor agreements. Establish and test processes with new selling dealers and vendors. Ensure compliance with manufacturer systems, interfaces and file transmissions.
- Monitor CARE(internal CRM tool) with a focus on identifying root causes, trends/patterns that indicate a process improvement opportunity. Ensure prompt and timely corrective efforts are initiated. Foster and support process improvement efforts within Purchasing and throughout Donlen with a focus on providing more effective and efficient services to internal and external customers. Work with other Donlen management to maximize business opportunities, design process improvements and reduce risks.
- Use analytical and problem-solving techniques to anticipate and prevent problems that would impact clients and/or Donlen.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and incorporate that knowledge into designing improvements
- Direct Purchasing processing of Buy Outs.
- Direct Orphan vehicle administration and disposition process across multiple departments.
- 40% of time processing Passenger/Truck (light duty) orders with various Vehicle Manufacturers for US and Canadian customers
- Manage Donlen and OEM exception reports pertaining to order placement
- Develop tools and processes to proactively manage our network of dealers
- Assist with resolving any ordering configurator issues
- Approve PTO requests and timesheets
- Manage defective vehicle buy backs with manufacturers on behalf of Donlen customers.
- Produce monthly CTQ Metrics reporting.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required-Associate or Bachelor Degree is a preferred
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in an office environment required
- 1 year or more automotive/truck/transportation industry experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Use problem identification and solving techniques to anticipate and prevent problems that may impact clients and/or Donlen
- Strong computer skills
Hertz is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Hertz is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed