The Strategic Consulting Services Team is focused primarily on engaging external client fleet decision-makers in policy formulation, implementation, and evaluation to meet fleet lifecycle and productivity needs, and defining, developing, and implementing new analytical tools and products for internal and external customers to assist them in identifying cost, time, and business strategies. The Part-Time Intern must be enrolled in a local college/university that is commutable to our office for 20 hours per week - NOT A REMOTE POSITION. This intern will support the Strategic Consulting Services analysts with projects that introduce the student to Donlen and the fleet industry as well as give them the opportunity to apply their knowledge of data analytics, research, and critical thinking. Student will report to the Strategic Services Consulting Team Lead and will also receive periodic mentoring or assistance from other members of the Strategic Consulting Department and will execute at least one major and possibly several smaller projects over the course of 10 weeks. Student will have the opportunity to present their results to Donlen internal stakeholders at the conclusion of the internship.
- Provide support to the Strategic Consulting Services department by completing one or more large-scale project(s) as described by the department
- Meet with department heads within Donlen to learn about their job responsibilities and determine appropriate stakeholders in project
- Conduct initial research on project(s) and share findings with internship supervisor and department members
- Complete project(s) or task with the help of the supervisor with periodic mentoring by other department members
- Prepare a final presentation on project(s) results to be presented to supervisor, department members and other stakeholders
- Assist department in completing other day-to-day tasks such as an analysis for a client or an update to an existing tool
- Undergraduate students entering their junior or senior year will be considered
- Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Business, or Logistics majors
- Ability to deliver both written and oral presentations to all levels of the organization
- Strong facilitation skills required to engage business users in requirements gathering
- Ability to gather and analyze business data
- Ability to apply tools to understand and improve business processes
- Ability to translate business needs into actionable detailed business requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Statistical Analysis work preferred
- Knowledge of reporting and analytical tools (e.g. Tableau, SQL, Access, etc.) preferred
- Must be able to commute to our Bannockburn, IL location 20 hours a week from a local college/university within commutable distance
Hertz is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Hertz is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed