Summary: Provides development, design and implementation of efficient, scalable, highly available database applications. Serve as a lead database developer for a project, or work with others in a support capacity. This involves gathering requirements, analyzing and designing a solution, implementing, testing, and supporting the solution once it is live. Manage to a timeline, and communicate to IT and PMO when project scope or timelines change, or additional resources are needed.
- Coordinate technical approaches with Software Engineering teams.
- Coordinate implementations while maintaining a high level of accountability and transparency in order to safeguard the platform and customers.
- Enhance and drive existing database development practices and processes towards best practices.
- Create stored procedures
- Work with programmers to tune SQL code
- Assess and develop long-term strategic goals for production databases in conjunction with data owners and department managers
- Monitor, optimize and allocate physical data storage for database systems
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets
- Assist production support and DBA teams for operational issues by occasional on-call duties
- Create scripts and SSIS packages for data integration, data maintenance, projects
- Design, develop and implement complex database systems, programs and applications
- Work with IT, PMO and users to identify and develop system requirements taking into account desired results, hardware limitations and operating requirements. Write and maintain functional and technical specifications
- B.S. or higher in a related scientific or technical discipline.
- Training on Relational Design, database internals required.
- 1-4 years experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- 1-4 years experience with T-SQL development.
- 1-2 years experience Microsoft Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS). SSIS.
- 3 years of database programming preferred.
Donlen is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.
Donlen is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Donlen is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed